As an approachable and experienced property/chancery counsel, combining a strong technical understanding of the law with an ability to protect and pursue the real interests of the client, Bruce deals with contentious and non-contentious probate. Bruce has broad experience, including practising for 5 years in Lincoln’s Inn and being chief legal adviser at the Country Land & Business Association for 7 years.
Areas of practice
- Drafting and construction of trusts and wills
- Testamentary capacity and undue influence
- Administration of estates
- Applications under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Capital tax considerations involved in the administration of Estates, including valuation of assets with third party property rights.
- Professional negligence claims arising out of any of the above areas.
Bruce acts for a wide range of clients, including private individuals and public access clients, attracting work both regionally and nationally.
He appears at all levels of court, and frequently acts in mediations (with a high success rate).