Clive has been a member of Fenners Chambers for over 20 years. Throughout his career, Clive has been a specialist property law and chancery barrister.
Areas of Practice
- Freehold Property: all aspects of freehold property including the enforcement of contracts, return of deposits, registration of land and priority of interests; mortgage possession actions, the enforceability of mortgages, undue influence and misrepresentation; professional negligence arising in connection with the above areas of work.
- Leasehold Property: commercial leases, including renewal, forfeiture, service charges and dilapidations; residential leases, including possession, demotion, anti-social behaviour, unlawful eviction, forfeiture, dilapidations and service charges.
- Trusts: express trust; constructive and resulting trusts; estoppels and TOLATA claims.
As a member of Chambers' family and probate groups as well as the property group, Clive offers particular breadth of expertise in cases with a domestic element. These include property disputes arising in the following circumstances:
- The breakdown of relationships;
- The administration of estates or family trusts;
- Applications under the Inheritance Act;
- Where undue influence may be a feature in relation to mortgages or the disposition of property.