Jodie accepts instructions to advise and represent clients in all areas of inheritance, related property issues, non-contentious and contentious probate work.
Jodie also represents clients in the Court of Protection including disputes over welfare issues, lasting/enduring powers of attorney, Deputies and statutory wills.
Areas of Practice
- Challenges to the validity of wills, including: undue influence, fraud and want of knowledge and approval
- The administration of estates on intestacy: identity of the beneficiaries, ascertainment of assets and construction of wills
- Breaches of duty by executors or trustees
- Removal and substitution of personal representatives
- Professional negligence in probate
- Claims brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Equitable co-ownership and trusts of land disputes
- Court of Protection claims, covering issues relating to both personal welfare and property and affairs
In addition to receiving instructions from solicitors, Jodie accepts work directly from members of the public on a direct access basis.