Joshua joined Chambers in 2015 upon successful completion of his pupillage. Prior to commencing his pupillage at Fenners, Joshua worked for 2 years in the Personal Injury and Civil Departments of a firm of Solicitors in Lincolnshire.
Joshua has a broad common law practise specialising in personal injury, commercial, civil and family law.
Areas of practice
Personal Injury - all areas of personal injury litigation including advising in writing and in conference.
Commercial - negligence; contractual disputes; debt recovery; sale of goods/supply of goods and services; personal and corporate insolvency; enforcement including advising in writing and in conference.
Family - Private Children applications, Non-molestation Orders, Occupation Orders, Family Law Act Applications and Financial Remedy Proceedings.
Joshua practises across the East of England and beyond representing clients regularly in both the civil and family courts. In addition, Joshua is available to provide advice both in writing and in conference.
Joshua is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public as well as from solicitors.
Prior to commencing pupillage in Chambers, Joshua worked for 2 years in a busy personal injury department at a Lincolnshire firm of solicitors. Through this experience he gained a great deal of experience in all areas of personal injury law including catastrophic injury and fatal accident claims.
Joshua’s practice encompasses a broad range of personal injury litigation including interlocutory applications and he has represented parties in proceedings involving allegations of fundamental dishonesty. Joshua also advises on quantum, liability and costs both in writing and conference and is also available to settle pleadings.
Areas of Practice
- Stage 3 Portal Hearings
- Infant Approval Hearings
- Road traffic accidents
- Public liability claims
- Product liability
- Employers’ liability
- Fatal accidents
- Occupiers’ liability claims
- Claims involving minors
Joshua accepts instructions on a conditional fee basis where applicable.
Joshua has a strong interest in all areas of commercial litigation and is fast developing his commercial practice. Joshua has conducted a number of interlocutory and final hearings on the small, fast and multi-tracks.
Joshua is also available to advise in writing and in conference and also settle pleadings.
Areas of Practice
- Contractual Disputes
- Sale of Goods/Supply of Services
- Debt Recovery
- Corporate and Personal Insolvency
Joshua practises in the Courts across the East of England and beyond.
Successfully recovering a debt for a multi-national currency exchange company.
Successfully defending an individual against a claim for fees due under a rating agents agreement.
Successfully defending a national utility company against an application for summary judgment.
Successful application for annulment of an order for bankruptcy under the Insolvency Act 1986.
Drafting a Defence for a multi-national construction company.
Advising in relation to the Timeshare Regulations
Negotiating a favorable settlement at Court for an individual against a national utilities company.
Joshua has a growing practice in family law with a particular interest in Private Law Children matters.
Areas of Practice
- Private Law Children- Joshua has a particular interest in all areas of private children matters and regularly represents parents and family members throughout all stages of the application for Child Arrangement Orders including applications for Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issue Orders, and Parental Responsibility. He has experience of working with cases involving domestic violence and vulnerable parties and tailors his approach to meet the particular needs of his clients.
- Family Act Applications- Joshua is instructed regularly in applications for non-molestation and occupation orders.
- Financial proceedings- Joshua has been instructed at all stages of financial remedy proceedings including contested final hearings. He is also happy to represent clients in enforcement proceedings, proceedings under TOLATA and Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"Mr Walter's calm, professional, measured and practical approach and pleasant demeanour facilitated the conclusion of private children proceedings by way of an agreed order, with both parents leaving court in a positive frame of mind ready to co-parent" - Local solicitor